Aaron Saxton is one of the more controversial figures in the protest movement, and while our approaches may differ, I find that he and I are in agreement on most of our opinions concerning Scientology. Aaron posted the following as a comment a few days ago, and it’s one of the best summations of Marty Rathbun and his Independent Scientology movement I’ve seen. Whether you like Aaron or not, I think you’ll appreciate what he has to say. Here’s Aaron:
Where Marty will fail to measure up is in the simplest of his stated goals and aspirations. Once his followers realize that he can not deliver, they will start to fall away – not all though.
Marty has buried himself a hole he can not logically get out of, and has adopted MLK philosophy to explain the lack of facts “On faith alone…” Once the glossy appearance of this statement wears thin, his followers will see some of the most obvious downfalls of Marty:
1. He states that [David Miscavige] has altered nearly all the tech – with this comes a subtle promise to restore it. Yet Marty is no more in possession of the “correct tech” than anyone else. He didn’t memorize all the alterations, had no access to archives to know the correct tech, and per his own statement received his “full understanding of the glory of LRH” upon the ship in 1994/1995. This is when the tech was severely altered. So on correct tech, he simply can not deliver.
2. Marty has stated he will show DMs crimes. But he hasn’t stated he would show the Churches crimes. Why is that? He wants DM gone and nothing more. The Church has many crimes, but DMs hands are very clean and he can not be tracked to any of it, DM made sure of that. The result is that Marty would have to take down the Church and indict himself and Mike Rinder if he goes to the authorities on any real crimes. There is a possibility of jail time – murder is open ended. The other aspect of this is that Marty may go to jail. So rather than tell media, John Travolta or Lisa’s family the truth, he won’t because getting DM to him is more important – and he wants the Church to survive. The other thing is that Marty has no data on any of DMs crimes because DM is a smart SOB and that is a fact.
3. Marty states he will get you real results with Scientology. He can no no better or worse than any FZ [Free Zone] movement – and he knows this. What makes him better? He is not in possession of the corrected tech, and he is no better at applying it than anyone else. I know Otto Roos, and Otto would eat Marty alive when it comes to tech. Marty is like a kid playing with a ball compared to the worlds greatest pitcher when we compare these two. Otto was LRHs personal auditor, literally created the L rundowns himself and was around personally with LRH so he knows the tech COLD and better than Marty could ever wish to. Sadly Otto is on OT XII and I can still see the biggest outpoint – NO FUCKING ABILITIES.
4. Marty wants his people to think he is the one to lead. But he isn’t for several reasons, a. He isn’t leading anything other than a rabble of followers. b. Marty can not even give straight information when asked, so he is of no use legally to anyone. If you are of no use legally then I guess his assumption is that postulating will stop DM.
5. Marty constantly points out that DM made everyone do everything evil. This is a plain lie. Every ex-Scio bar one or two up on the boards that confesses to being an asshole or having mistreated anyone blames the mindset they got from Scientology and almost none have ever met DM for more than 30 seconds. I guess this is like saying if Hitler never existed, then there would never have been any atrocities – or that if Hitler was assassinated, then the Concentration camps would have been shut down. It was not a man but an ideology computated with false reasoning and lies that got people to do what they did. Marty will have you believe the world can suffer from one man when logic and the ability to admit you were wrong can clearly show it is all about where 5,000 SO members learned to be assholes – LRH. Messengers are the popes of Scientology, closest to Ron and they were all pricks not because they were bad people, but that is because that is how they were taught – by confidential advices and orders from Ron that makes you an asshole. This is why DM got created and why he used Messengers to take over from LRH – LRH taught them well.
6. Lastly, Marty is a dictator. There is no democracy in Scientology or the Sea Org and Marty displays this clearly. He will not be part of a committee or put anything out there for a vote unless he agrees with it first. Marty is no more free of the horrors he experienced in the SO than most. He is a dictator trained, and he will act like one. No one is above Marty. He rules and you obey. Period.